Sunday, April 08, 2012

Spring Cleaning: Finished Project #1

Centrique by Carol Feller, knit with 3/4 of a skein of Socks that Rock Mediumweight in Rook-y.

It's impossible to capture the gorgeousness that is a Raven colorway from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. Underneath the black shimmers tones of blue, purple, and green. The shawl was a super-quick knit. I thought at the time that I didn't like the way the increases are just left in stockinette until there's enough for another repeat, but it blends in beautifully in the finished shawl. I may make another one, but knitting a larger stockinette portion and possibly a third repeat.

My intention is for this to be a Mother's Day gift, but I may, just may, keep it for myself.

2 comments:

LisaBe said...

oh my. how have i not seen that before? that is my next shawl, i think. gorgeous! (and you're SO RIGHT about those ravens. gah. there's a reason i have owned every one of them, i think.)

Sarah said...

Gorgeous!