Wednesday, August 31, 2011

HEXAPUFFS!

Isn't everyone in the knitting universe making these addictive little puffs for the Beekeeper's Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits? I haven't seen a pattern go this viral since the February Lady Sweater.
Other folks seem to have elaborate themes and color schemes for their quilts. I'm just taking a mindless "knitter's life" approach and using up the scraps I have. It's the perfect knitting for the short spurts of knitting time I have while the baby naps.
I'm glad to have this cheerful project because my other main knitting has been chemo caps for a friend who was recently diagnosed with Very Bad Cancer. These are a Meret in Malabrigo Worsted and a Tretta in Vintage DK.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am very sorry to hear about your friends diagnosis. She is quite lucky to have such a great talented friend to help keep her head warm during these difficult months ahead.

I have not caught the hexapuff bug. The seaming of all those tiny pieces is far too overwhelming to me!

Jenn said...

PUFFS. I am starting mine next week while we're away, also using the random approach. BTW, Yvonne thinks we are nuts.

All the best to your friend, I hope she is able to make a full recovery and that the road there is smooth.