Sunday, April 03, 2011

Talk Amongst Yourselves

I'll give you a topic. Does winding sock yarn help take the edge of Startitis or does it make the dread condition worse?

(From top left, Cozy Fierce Scummy Girl Socks that Rock for the Breaking Hearts KAL in the Socks that Rawk group on Ravelry, Dream in Color Smooshy in Tea Party for the Eiki Japanese Relief shawl, and the current Rockin' Sock Club colorway.)

Discuss.

Don't forget to comment on my Bringing Home Baby issue to win a skein of sock yarn. Leave a comment by 6:00 PM Eastern, and I'll pick the number via random generator on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

It gives me startitis, but not because I WANT to cast on, it makes me feel like I have to. Is it still startitis if it comes from a sense of obligation?

DavidA said...

It seems to make matters worse. When I lost my knitting mojo, I wound many skeins in an effort to help inspire me to start something new. The wound skeins only confused me!

elementalfibers said...

Definitely takes the edge off for me. I can stare at the yarn cakes and not feel quite so desperate to cast on.

It's the "cake" phase of the relationship.