Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's time to sum up the year in knitting.

In 2010, I took part in Natural Stitches' "Expand Your Fiber Comfort Zone" and worked on these new skills: I knit a toe-up sock using Cat Bordhi's Personal Footprints method.I successfully made a picot edging on a sock. In addition, I've learned, under Yvonne's watchful eye, how to block my own lace shawls. I also feel much more confident in reading my own knitting and correcting my own mistakes, particularly when it comes to lace. Finally, I took a Beginning Wheel Spinning class with Nora, which I would recommend to any knitter. Even if I never become adept at spinning, I have a much better understanding of how yarn is constructed.

I finished the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics and completed the 10 Shawls in 2010 Challenge. I came in second place in the employee Double Threat category of Summer of Socks and Lace at the store. Overall, I completed SIXTY projects!
  • Eighteen shawls
  • Seven hats
  • Sixteen pairs of socks and booties
  • Two pairs of felted slippers
  • Two scarves
  • Nine children's garments 
Whew! I have some resolutions about how I'd like to structure my 2011 knitting, but we'll see how things go with a newborn and a preschooler heading off to kindergarten!

Happy New Year!

No comments: