Sunday, January 27, 2008

Best. Knitting. Day. Ever.

WARNING: ROCKIN' SOCK CLUB SPOILER AHEAD

Yesterday morning I started reading Ravelry and various blogs and realized EVERYONE had their January Rockin' Sock package but me! How could this be? I paid, right? I gave them the correct address, right? I even started pacing a little bit by the doorway and peered down the street for the mailman. But no package.

But Beth, Lisa, and Not-So-Blogless Michelle were coming over later that day to knit, and I needed to go to the store, so I bundled The Toddler up in the stroller and off we went. To my great surprise, when we got back, I found not one but TWO packages on my porch!

The first package was from Plimoth Plantation and contained a kit for Square Heel Tudor socks, which I volunteered to knit for the interpreters at PP. (You can read more about that here.)

The second package, of course, was from Blue Moon Fibers. I don't even know what to say, I am so delighted with it. I adore the colorway and am looking forward to learning how to do a short row heel. I'd been starting to worry that the club was just too much money, but now that I see everything that you get, I am really pleased.

1 comment:

LisaBe said...

way cool. i'm wishing i'd joined (just like i knew i would). gah. that'll teach me.