Monday, August 13, 2007

Proof that Mason Dixon is crack


That dang book has made me knit a fancy handtowel. Who knits a handtowel??? Me, apparently, and anyone else who has swallowed the Mason Dixon Kool-Aid. The towel has a seed stitch border with a 14 row repeat inside. For the first set of repeats, I hated this project, and had to do a lot of tinking (but thankfully no ripping back). By the time I started the third set, I got into a groove and thought, okay, I can do this. I don't think I'll make stacks and stacks of them, but it is a nice break from all my other projects, all of which involve mindless circular knitting.
And since there is a picture of the handtowel, you may assume I found my camera cord. Here's a picture of the scenery here in Wyoming.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I knit two of those handtowels... and they seem to be in a perfect home. Last I saw them they looked well used and where lounging by the bathroom sink on a special tray of honor! I couldn't stand the moss grid pattern though, so my second one is totally different.