Sunday, July 15, 2007

The downside of Ravelry

I have been so busy Raveling (Ravelating?) that I have not been knitting much at all in the past week since I got in. I'm a "single parent" this weekend, and last night I knit two rounds of the Placket Sweater before I put it down and dozed off in front of my tivo of "What Not to Wear." This is probably for the best, though, as the more I look at it, the more I think I should frog it and start over in the two year old size. The Cotton-Ease is knitting up like a dream, which is a pleasant surprise.

The good news, for those of you still waiting to get in to Ravelry, is that they've installed a feature that lets you type in your email address and then it shows you where you are in the queue to get in. Every day something new is added, or a function is improved. It's a lot of fun, and I'm really impressed.

1 comment:

LisaBe said...

here's a baby sweater i can't wait to have an excuse to make (found, of course, via ravelry):
http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternPrestoChango.asp

i've been ravelring a bit this morning, but i'm determined to finish a sock today, so i'm going to tear myself away shortly. i wanted to get through my editing, though, and i did, so i feel better. (my goal was to sign on as an editor for all pattern sources i own from which i have patterns in my queue or projects and to edit all of those patterns unless they're approved or unless the designer is in ravelry. done!)